Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

why arent any good war movies being made anymore?

all of the movies now are comedy and romance, WHERE IS THE ACTION, they had good movies before but then they just stopped. The good war movie included

-saving private ryan

-we were soldiers

-windtalkers

-black hawk down

-pearl harbour

But by war i mean real action and shooting, death and explosions, none of this jar head like crap. MOVIE MAKERS MAKE A WAR MOVIE LIKE SAVING PRIVATE RYAN AGAIN. It did so well but for some reason nobody is making them. War movies are the best and ppl should maker more of them

Favorite Answer

There is a great Australian made movie called Kakoda, showing the journey of the Kakoda trek. That came out a few months ago and that's pretty good.

No, George Lucas actual position is that the saga is completed (that is no more movies). I heard that he even set provisions in his will to difficult or prevent others to attempt to do more movies based on Star Wars after he die. George Lucas is working in other proyects like the 3d cartoons of Clone Wars and in a live action TV series set in the time between Episode III and Episode IV.

• ?

I agree.

Although I hear some Iraq War movies are coming out.

Clint Eastwood just released two. Flags of our Fathers and Letters from Iwo Jima. The films tell the story of Iwo Jima from the American and Japanese perspectives respectively.

I think most people are sick of war from real life, so it's not real popular. Also, people see the real thing on the news, so Hollywood wars look unrealistic or boring.

"Pearl Harbor" sucked. Ben Affleck couldn't act his way out of a paper sack. But SPR rocked.

Because we have the real thing, don't need movies.

• Jayna

Wow - there's two words I never thought I'd see in the same sentence: "good" and "war".

there aren't any good movies being made period. all movies that come out now are crappy