Incubation time for lice (crabs)?

I have contracted crabs 2 times in the past 4 months.I understand that Lice will die after a few days,cause they need a human host to survive.However,short of going insane trying to figure out where I was 10 days ago or so(since I have just found a lice on me)Im wondering if its possible for the eggs to survive.Aprox 10 days ago I used my head shaver to shave my pubic region before....it has sat in my drawer (in a sealed box) for over a month....but i did use it for a trimming 2 weeks ago or so.....

Is it possible to have reacquired it this way?

Favorite Answer

Yes, it is possible that you reaquire pubic lice with shaving only. You have to treat the problem with an over-the-counter medication, like Rid or something similar. You also have to bleach and sanitize basically everything you have come in contact with (some people even have to have their carpets cleaned). I really feel for you, but first go to Wal-Mart and purchase medication--forget the shaving. You will literally have to pick the nits (eggs) out, and start your spring cleaning this winter. Good luck!

Source(s): Registered Nurse

dude use a disposible razor next time wash the electric one in alcohol and wash all and i do mean all ur bed linens in hot water also vaccum every floor and ur best bet is to go to the store and grab a can of lice spray in the pharmacy department and spray ur whole house they can live on pets in furniture and what not for a long time

Yes, use disposable razors, use the medication TWICE, then throw the razors out and wash everything in hot water and Clorox.

Better yet, throw out all your old underwear and hats. Toss your sheets and buy new ones. It worth it. ;)