Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicCelebrities · 1 decade ago

Nicole Kidman?

Is Nicole Kidman getting overpaid? I saw on the cover of a magazine that she was but I didn't get time to read it at the store. Did anyone read it or does anyone know if she is overpaid? Isn't she also the highest paid actress in the whole industry?

Favorite Answer

07, 2004

Top 10 Highest Paid Actresses

Show me the money! The folks at Ananova reported today on the list of the highest paid actresses working in Hollywood. Here's the list with some of my own uninvited commentary:

#10) Jennifer Lopez - I still do not understand Hollywood's fascination with this woman. She's not a strong actress, and she does not have huge drawing power as the box office results of her movies prove.

#9) Renee Zellweger - No surprise to find her on this list, and honestly I thought she would rank a bit higher. This woman is a solid actress, with an Oscar to boot. Her films also draw quite well.

#8) Angelina Jolie - Also thought she would be higher on the list. Oscar + Drawing Power + Babe = MONEY

#7) Sandra Bullock - I'm sorry... does she still make movies? I'm curious to see how Miss Congeniality 2 works out.

#6) Halle Berry - This woman is so hit and miss it can make your head spin. In one movie she'll blow your socks off... and then in the next look just pathetic. It's going to take me a few years to get Catwoman out of my head.

#5) Drew Barrymore - No way. Why? Oh right, she produces half of her own movies. I seriously don't understand why she's so valuable. Don't get me wrong, she can be ok... but she is NOT an "A" list actress.

#4) Reese Witherspoon - This lady has it all, and she's going to be a huge star for many many years to come.

#3) Nicole Kidman - In my opinion, pound for pound the best actress in Hollywood over the last 5 years. This lady is killer. Tom is an idiot for leaving her.

#2) Cameron Diaz - WHAT THE HELL!?!?! Are you kidding me!?!?! No way! Not a chance in Hades should this chick be on this list. WHY!?!?! She hasn't stood out as being particularly strong in ANY film she's been in. Don't get me wrong, I actually like Cameron Diaz... I really honestly do. But no way is she deserving to be paid higher than most of the women on (and off) this list.

#1) Julia Roberts - Yup, no arguments from me. For the time being she is the Queen of Hollywood. Never turned in a turkey performance, always solid, strong drawing power even in bad films... she is the total package.

but reesee beat julia recently

• Jayna

In my opinion, most actors and actresses are overpaid. I think it's ridiculous for a person to be paid millions of dollars for a few months of work. The same is to be said for professional athletes. Sure, they have hard jobs but I think they are ridiculously overpaid for what they do. Don't get me wrong: I'm a movie buff and a fan of the NFL but I just think that some of us have our priorities in the wrong order.

The market sets Nicole's and everyone Else's wages, if her products didn't sell then you would see the demand for her drop and her wage come down. she is the highest paid actress, this is because she is also the finest female actor of her generation and a guaranteed draw at the box office

Word! She is overpaid, because she isn't that great an actor and all those endorsements and advertisements she models for are ridiculous because she usually looks like a skeleton that's been dead for about a year and a half. She's like stone.

i love nicole kidman she is a very talented actress, pretty and have a good heart

• D.F

Yes she is overpaid.

yes she gets overpaid.tom cruise made her famous and that is why she is so overpaid.

• yeah she is...scarlett johansson should be the highest paid actress...my lord she is fine!

if someone's willing to give her the money then she should take it.

I believe she is that's my opinion.