is it normal to compare yourself to other people???

ok it probably means im insure or whatever but i just want more opinons than my own i mean the whole school knows me and likes me i have tons of friends why do i compare my self to other poeple?

Favorite Answer

Is it normal? unfortunately Yes. Is it a good or healthy habit? not so much. I'm 35 and I still do but I try not to. Look around you, a lot of the people you see are probably hiding some real problems, you never know what is going on in their heads. There will always be somebody with a bigger house, nicer car, or fancier computer. Trying to compare your stuff (or self) to others will only make you depressed and unhappy. If you are happy with you and your life, who cares if someone else has a "cooler" whatever, be happy for them but don't dwell on it, people waste their entire lives trying to "keep up with the Jones'" learn to be happy now.

It's normal; everyone's a little insecure about themselves...it's just a matter of degree. It's one thing to compare yourself to say, a classmate or coworker and then forget about it, but it's something different to compare yourself, find that you fall short, and obsess over it.

I think Americans do it more than others, just for the simple fact that is seems more important what Brad & Angelina are doing, rather than, oh, let's say, THE WAR IN IRAQ!!! Get with it people!!!

Source(s): I am an American.

cuz ur CONCEDED and selfish but dont get mad but im being honest dang gurl u sound hecka preppy

Source(s): Ashley </3

Yes, it is normal..

I THINK THAT'S JUST NORMAL FOR ALL OF US. DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT.