Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 1 decade ago

What do you think of the name Aiden?

First off I'm not pregnant but I'm thinking of names anyways. I love the name Aiden for a boy... but I guess it means fire in some language. Well my fiances last name is fire in another language. Would that be too weird having a kid literally called Fire Fire?

• *Lizz*
    Favorite Answer

that'd be soooooo awesome!!!!!

I wouldnt get too far into what names mean, because hardly anyone actually cares. I mean it's cool to know, but no I dont think it's weird to have a kid named Fire Fire in ANOTHER language. I LOOOOOOOOOVE the name Aiden, I thought about that one for my son actually. But I wasnt going to spell it the same

Aiden is a gorgeous name and as far as its meaning, no one will be calling him Fire Fire, so don't worry. Go with Aiden it is a beautiful name, first I heard of it was in Sex and the City and I loved it.

• mama3

I like the name Aiden but I'd keep the Fire Fire thing a secret if I were you. Just kidding!

I don't think the meanings of names are really all that important!! It might actually be cool that they mean the same thing!! Anyways to the name Aiden. I loove that name!! A girlfriend of mine had a little boy 4 months ago and named him Ayden (just another spelling to think about). It is such a cute name for a boy!!

• Blondi

Whether its a common name or not, I love it. My youngest sons name is Aiden and he was named that before I had even ever heard the name.. I thought I was being different.....lol, Little did I know the next year it was going to be one of the top names. But that still doesnt matter. And dont worry about what others say. Yes its Irish and means Fiery one. It reminds me of a strong, handsome, masculine guy....Keep it in mind for your future son:)

Aiden is a nice name and pretty trendy. I would not worry about the name meanings. Nobody really pays attention to the meanings of the names. I know someone named William William William, now that is a bit odd.

not too weird about the meanings because you wouldnt be calling him that, but Aiden is over played nowadays. Everyone wants to use it. There are going to be 5 Aiden's in kindergarten by 2009

Love the name Aiden. Anyone who is a Sex and the City fan loves that name. One of my girlfriends was so in love with the character that she named her son after him.

Just heard this morning that it was the #1 boy's name this year, which is reason enough for me to want to avoid it. But it's a cute name and hardly anyone would know enough etymology to know that your son's name meant Fire Fire.

I also like the name Aiden.And it might be weird to have 2 names that mean the same but who is gonna know except for family?