Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

(Pregnant) Is it dangerous to wear pants or belts that are tight on the waist?

• MRod
    Favorite Answer

Why would you want to. When I started to show, anything tight around my belly made me feel like I was suffocating. If it is tight, like spandex tight and it has stretch, OK. But anything tight that you are uncomfortable, No!

its not good for u or tha baby ur supposed to wear clothes that are a lil big and comfortable when u wear pants and belts that are to tight around the waist u put ur self at risk for getting a rash and if its tight on your waist that means its tight against ur stomach and that means ur hurting ur baby

it can push the baby down on your cervix. also, you wont want to be wearing anything tight in a little while, what with everything getting tight on the inside and your skin becoming stretched thin. if you can do it, more power to you, but i prefer my stretchy pajama pants.

The baby is very padded inside you, you wear what you want to for right now!

But as you start to show, try not to compact your waste to much..... you don't want to take away the little space that your baby already has in there :)

I doubt it would be dangerous. I just dont think that it would be comfortable for you though as your waist and belly expands.

as long as you can breath normally in your pants it's not dangerous, but I'm pretty sure that in a few weeks it's not going to be as comfy.

I dont know about dangerous but I know it is very uncomfortable

• Blondi

I dont think its dangerous, but its not very comfortable.

I would guess early on it wouldn't matter, but 8th-9th month maybe switch to loose clothing.

dangerous no uncomfortable yes