I have a couple questions about high intensity interval training?
QUESTION NUMBER 1: Is it a bad idea to do it several days in a row without alternating days? For example, can I do it 4 days in a row without skipping days. Will this negatively stress my muscles or do I need to skip days to give time for recovery?
QUESTION NUMBER 2: HIIT is an anaerobic type of exercise. Can I substitute it for my aerobic exercises? Will it give me the same benefits as aerobic exercises or is it purely anaerobic?
QUESTION NUMBER 3: Can I do leg exercises after doing HIIT? Can I do squats, lunges, calf raises, etc. . .Afterwards or will this stress my legs?
QUESTION NUMBER 4: Will 20-30 minutes of HIIT everyday burn more body fat than an hour of medium speed aerobic exercise?
QUESTION NUMBER 5: What is the minimum amount of days that I can do HIIT but still see results?
And that's all. If you don't know the answers, don't just guess because I really need real answers. No answer is better than a wrong answer. Thanks.
- 1 decade agoFavorite Answer
1) You shouldn't have a problem but listen to your body. If your muscles are feeling sore the next day, take a day off for R&R.
2) HIIT is an aerobic type of training.
3) You can, but I would strongly advise you to get your workout in before HIIT, preferably 6 hours before.
4) I believe that it would be more, if not just as, effective, but you may also be wasting away muscle mass with this much HIIT. Stick to 15-25min of HIIT.
5) 2-3 days should be enough as long as you have a good diet. You can do all the HIIT you want, but if your diet is bad it won't make a difference.
- regulaLv 44 years ago
ok did you recognize you utilising 'speedy twitch' muscle fibers once you're doing strengh training? The physique purely makes use of gradual fibers for long distance workout ( cardio ) , for power training and H.I.I.T you're utilising speedy twitch fibers ( that's incredibly whilst the muscle does not require oxygen for skill)( anareobic) .. Sooo doing what your doing isn't probably resting them in any respect.. Nor do I see a fashion approaches to take a seat back them except you stop hiit and do in simple terms long cardio sessions , yet which will take longer to realize your aims.. My advice is shop on with what you're already doing ( sorry if that no longer you opt for to hearken to : ( ) Your unique plan looks appropriate and its working ! you spot the diverse questions appropriate to right here , some human beings might kill to have the flexibility to lose a pair of inches in 2 months ! believe me your doing each little thing ideal an you look very knowledgeable so shop on with your weapons an it is going to artwork out !