I don't use my ipod nano that much, but when I turn it on and play it for a couple of minutes, the battery

goes from 3/4 full down to showing just a little red. what's going on? I have the old style ipod nano

Favorite Answer

That happens to mine, but it goes back up to normal. So ya it's normal. :)

Just make sure that u charge it.

Source(s): iPod Video 30GB Owner

Rechargeable batteries eh? If you charge it over and over without it completely discharging....well your battery develops a memory of the point where you discharged it....

That's why a fully charged battery can drop like a rock if you recharge it when it's like.....3/4 full....or 1/2.....

That 3/4 becomes "empty" and full charge becomes full....

Best thing...get new batteries, then charge them fully, then discharge completely....if you do this 3-5 times when new they have a tendency to be MORE forgiving of a 1/2 charge...just don't keep doing 1/2 charges each and every time....Try your best to do FULL Discharges as much as possible...

Source(s): 24 years servicing electronics.

Since you haven't been using it much...or charging it regularly the battery looses its charge and wont work anymore. The only thing you can do is get a new battery if possible or replace the Ipod.

Source(s): My laptop's battery wont stay charged since I didn't charge it regularly.

You have to charge iPod once a week though you don't use it.

i wish i could answer but i cant. try getting a new one