How much should a dentist charge for a "deep cleaning"?

Favorite Answer

Yeah, the girl down there knows what she's talking about.. I dunno wtf I was thinking $80... they do charge by the quadrant... like upper left, upper right, lower left, lower right... and it is close to $200 or $250 a quadrant. so the guy down there that said $1000 is about right. That sh!t is expensive.

I am sorry to say this, but Bonecrush, I find it really hard to believe that you used to work in a dental office, if you are telling this person that a deep cleaning costs $80.00. Good gosh, a regular cleaning in my office costs $70.00. That is crazy!!

Now, that I have gotten that out of my system, I can tell you that most dentists charge by the quadrant. I have worked in offices that charge between $150-190 a quad. We charge $230.00 a quad in my office, because we also give each patient getting a deep scaling done a Sonicare Elite electric toothbrush.

Source(s): dental assistant for 10 yrs.

I had mine done in So. Calif. and the fee was $1,000. Thank god for insurance.