When is it normal to start to shave down there?

I'm 13 female and I've been surrounded by all types of ppl. I know I make my own choices and all but I'd like to hear others opinoins. I know somebody whos a freshmen in high school and has already had sex. I dont plan on having sex anytime soon I mean 8th grade is when we start kissing right? Anyway I've also had a friend who somehow got onto the topic of telling me she got a bikini wax. Another thing was I got hair down there and so does everyone around my age. But the fact is when should I start to shave down there...I don't know what the techniques are and I dont need to know for a while but whats a landing line or whatever...I just need some opininons ;)

• Summer
    Favorite Answer

I'm 27. I didn't start shaving down yonder until I was about 19 or so. The thought of it just grossed me out. When you do shave, it's going to be like when you shave your legs. Use warm water to loosen the hair folicles down there, and put plenty of shaving cream on the spots you wish to shave. You will have to lift your legs accordingly on the shower ledge to shave the underside of yourself and in the crease where your thigh meets your pubic bone. It's not hard at all.

The ONLY reason that I started shaving is because I became sexually active.

Depending on how much you want gone, you are going to shave inwards until you get the desired amount of hair gone. I usually just shave enough so that I don't have a crazy animal hanging out of my undies.

If you want to shave the rest down a little bit (but not get rid of the hair completely), just put water on that area, and shave in a downward motion, rinse razor, and shave downward again until it is the desired length.

Good luck.

A review of the various hair removal methods is available at http://tinyurl.com/ob6tt

the hair down hair is what protects you from bacteria and other things. only shave or get a wax when it starts peaking out from your undies or bakini bottoms. you are probably to young to start doing this. just leave it for now.

shaving is not bad . and if yo got your periods then its very important to shave down there .for hygine purposes . and as far as sex is concerned you are too young to talk about that.

OK, I'm 12 and I truly know wat you are goin' through, my friends all ways talkin' about it 2, but I talked 2 my mom and she said the only thing That i can save is my armpit and my legs.

Don't do it gurl

if it makes u uncofterble "down there" do it cauze it makez me uncofturble so go for it email me anytime at

mizz_chika5151@yahoo.com

hmmm. When your ready for sex. No point to save it. untill your ready for sex. So wait like 4+ years.

when you start to be in love