Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

You won't believe what's going on at this Retirement Center...what would you do?

So I go visit my Dad at night for the first time late in the evening. Well these old people are running in & out of each others rooms and having sex with each other, some of these people are 87-95 years old. It is shameful!!! I went back the next day to find out about this and ask questions.

Well, it turn out what they do is they all place their false teeth in a bucket...then they each pull one out and that's who you get to have sex with that night. There about 65-70 of them that play this game every night. I ask to speak to the head nurse lady and she said there is nothingh they can do

what do you think I should do?

• 120 IQ
    Favorite Answer

THIS IS HILARIOUS!!!

As much as I want to laugh it can also be a problem. You see if they are doing this out of their own will then you cannot really stop them. The other thing is that if some one is being forced to play this game then it is a problem or if some of them have dementia or alzheimers, that impairs their rational thinking and a doctor should intervene. I take it that this isn't a nursing home.

As bad as this sounds, let them have the fun if there is no harm done. Many young people do the same thing in their young age... but not all!!

To be honest, I don't think there is a lot you can or should do. At the end of the day, a lot of those people are towards the end of their lives and they have probably seen a lot partners come and go so they just want to have fun! Fair play to them, I can only hope that I have as much energy left in me when I get to that age!

Katie :-) x

• ?

Mind your own business some day you might wind up in one of them.Do you want to just sit around and wait to die or make the best out of the time you have left. And who are you to say old people cant have sex is that a new law.

• *

If all are consenting and nobody is being taken advantage of, then I do not think there is anything that you can do. They are adults. your father does not have to participate-----but if it really bothers you, then remove him from the facility.

PS Sheesh, dont they have a Recreational Director to suggest card games, bingo, or other entertainment?

if you are telling the truth....

and these people are as old as you say...

i think you should mind your own damn business...

is it any of your affair (no pun intended) what these people do in the privacy of their own rooms. they have lived long lives and paid their dues.

in my opinion your remark of "it is shameful" is much more shameful than what the older folks are doing.

keep your busy body nose out of other peoples business!!! visit your dad and keep your mind on him and not the other people around you.

• Taz

I think I wouldn't do anything- these are people that have lived there lives, they ( some at least) realize that they are going down hill and they just want to feel alive. Let them be happy.

So what else is there for them to do? What the heck they really don't have much time anyway, enjoy what you can. They are consenting adults and what can it hurt , they probably have more fun that married couples. LOL

I think that if the people who are playin are in their right mine then they could continues. But the ones who are clueless need to be sent somewhere else far away.

Weird thing to find out about this place.

Apparently they're all adults. If it's not compulsory, what you should do is close your eyes.

It's almost the end of the line for them, and they're living it up. Be an adult, not a parent.

Move your father to another retirement home where decency has not given way to deplorable and wanton show of shame. this is sad.