Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 1 decade ago

Why should we undertake a difficult job?

Favorite Answer

We should undertake difficult jobs and the God will guide us how to accompalish it. All such works are entrusted by God himself to the devotees. The excerpts from Sai Satcharitra giwen blow will speak for it -

The Lord entrusts different works to different devotees. Some are given the work of building temples and maths, or ghats (flight of steps) on rivers; some are made to sing the glories of God; some are sent on pilgrimages; but to me was allotted the work of writing the Sat Charita. Being a jack of all trades but master of none, I was quite unqualified for this job. Then why should I undertake such a difficult job? Who can describe the true life of Sai Baba? Sai Baba’s grace alone can enable one to accomplish this difficult work. So, when I took up the pen in my hand, Sai Baba took away my egoism and wrote Himself His stories. The credit of relating these stories, therefore, goes to Him and not to me. Though Brahmin by birth, I lacked the two eyes. (i.e. the sight or vision) of Shruti and Smriti and therefore was not at all capable of writing the Sat-Charita, but the grace of the Lord makes a dumb man talk, enables a lame man to cross a mountain. He alone knows the knack of getting things done as He likes. Neither the flute, nor the harmonium knows how the sounds are produced. This is the concern of the Player. The oozing of Chandrakant jewel and the surging of the sea are not due to the jewel and the sea but to the rise of the moon. -

Source(s): Excerpts from Sri Sai Satcharitra

One of the reasons is that such a difficult job will definitely challenge you, it will make you tough. In other words, it will enhance your charisma, potential and intellect for your future work/position to come.

Just be prepared for any job like you said, and you'd be a pioneer in your field or a formidable manager of an international company. Good luck and I won't mind your telling me on some advancement/promotion.

It is your choice. Maybe you could see that that job is in the end, the most gratifying one in the world.

If you take the challenge then put your heart and soul to get it on.

If not, leave it and choose other less difficult. It is your choice.

To build character and widen your mind/experience...it may help along the path of life one way or another.The more difficulties you overcome in life will only make you stronger/wiser!

sometimes there's just no choice- it needs to be done and someone has to do it.

sometime just for the sheer challange of it- to do something that most people just can't or won't do and to do it well.remember that the greater the challenge the better the rewards.

sometime you do it for some one special.

God bless,

gabe

To get the rush that comes from being successful.

Because we have the urge to improve ourself and challenge the impossible.

To get the benefit of the job well done. that's all.

• isis

To learn the misery and frustration of failure

• cate

Because the harder something is the more satisfaction there is in doing it well.