if you win a judgement in court. How do you collect????

My fiance sued and won but haven't been able to collect. How can he get his money?

4 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    Most courts have a "Judgment Debtors Booklet" on how to collect on your judgment. Or find out his banks, account numbers if you can, job wages, etc., fill out the court form for garnishment of these things - the court will sign the order if you already have a judgment - take the garnishment order to his bank to freeze his accounts, to his employer to freeze his wages; put lien on his property, vehicle, etc., thru the same court process - once you have the judgment its not over - get the paper work going to attach his assets.

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    Garnish the wages through a court order.

  • 1 decade ago

    The judgment is easy, collecting the money is another story. Good luck!

  • 1 decade ago

    He has to hire someone to collect it for him.

    They are called Judgement Collectors.

    The losing party should pay on his/her own, however if they are slow or unwilling, then youll need to hire a Judgement collector


Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.