whats the difference between buddhism and shintuism? also are they any other asian -ism religions?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Buddhism is about reaching enlightenment through Nirvana and becoming a Buddha. Shinto is the belief in many gods or spirits, also known as "kami." Every rock, leaf, etc. contains a kami and is considered to contain a spirit. People following the Shinto religion do not specifically worship anyone in particular. Family and nature are both very important in Shinto. Buddhism concentrates on the afterlife, where as Shinto focuses on your present life and how to achieve happiness. Shinto and [Japanese] Buddhism often intermingle for certain things, as they both have similar ideas at their core.

There are many other Asian religions, of which have already been named.

• jeni
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

What exactly is the difference in any and all of them and how many more is there?

WORLD ORGANIZATIONS

NATIONS AND WORLD PEOPLE

Catholic, Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormons

Amish, Judaism, Baha'i, Buddhism, Shintuism,

Hinduism, Islam, Jainism, Wiccan, Sikhism,

Sikh, Hinduism, Islam, Taoism, Confusionism,

Shinto, Zoroastrism, Athiesm, Agnostism,

Native American traditions, African Traditions,

Autralian Traditions, Aluiit? Protestants,

Sodom and Gomorrah Matt.10:15;

Churches Demonitations,Christendom,

Christian, Sinners and ignorant,

Without all these beliefs and faiths are people just people. I am trying to collect the names of each.

For example in religions:

Who would want to see any one go to the religion HELL of torment forever? Are all the beliefs with solid foundations of fact, is there enough difference in them to cast doubt?

Is there a study where all the information has been collected to compare all of them?

Source(s): OUR WORLD
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Taoism, Confucianism, Sikhism, Hinduism, and Jainism all orginated in Asia, as did Christianity, Islam and Judaism.

• 1 decade ago

Shinto as far as I know is the worship of nature while Buddhism is the worship of Buddha!

Oh, there's Confucianism, Daoism (I think that is also one), what about Zen? Yep, that's all I can think of! Oh yes, and Hinduism, Sikhism, etc!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I'm not sure what the difference is, but there hinduism

There is judiasm, that's in the middle east

• 1 decade ago

buddism is about enlightenment. shinto is about worshipping dead ancestors.there is also taoism but i'm not sure what that is .

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.