My Alpine headunit shuts off when the bass hits at a certain level.?

I mean the power is on... but there is no sound. Why is this happening? Do i need another amp? Should i re-wire the tweeter and speakers to the headunit and have only the sub (JL W-6) wire to the amp? Help!

Favorite Answer

it sounds like u are overloading your amp and it goes into proctect mode to keep from clipping, and stiffing caps are not NOS they are simply a power reserve for your amp to keep from straining your electrical system a like a buffer between your amp and battery and they do help alot if u dont go over on the wattage

Sounds like your over loading the amp so it going into protect mode . Had this happen to me before.Make sure your running good quality cable and wire . Small stuff kill performance. Next make sure th amp is not turn to its max 3/4 is about as high as you sure go.Last make sure it wired right if you mix up the remote on wire with the power this could also happen. Good luck hope I helped

Look this happens for either two reasons you have to much power going in to this amp that i drains you battery or your amp does'nt have enough watts to perform at high volume what you can do is get another apm or a capacitor. basically a capacitor is like nos for the amp cause it boosts it energy to generate more power. one thing you should do is have seprate amps for seprate componants like one for tweeters and one for subwoofers. hope this helps. PEACE

its probly a fuse type device the head unit has a lower rms rating than the SUB and AMP

Bigger or better Amp, and rewire it.