What are some current problems with pharmaceutical companies?
How have pharmaceutical companies changed since their introduction with the advent of manufactured drugs? What possible dangers can arise in the future from their rapid growth?
- RoadkillLv 61 decade agoFavorite Answer
1. Generic drugs undermine intellectual property rights and reduce the incentive to develop new drugs, by making it harder to recover the development cost of new drugs.
2. Liability claims have driven most companies out of the vaccine market creating shortages.
3. FDA regulations delay the introduction of new drugs and increase the cost of bringing a new drug to market. Thousands suffer and die unnecessarily while waiting for new drugs to be made available.
- â¤??? ?å????Lv 41 decade ago
1. Overcharging medication prices
2. Releasing medicines on the market before FDA approval just to be the first to break a profit that leads to countless deaths because not enough research was done on them (hence the many lawsuits now against them)