What type of Christmas gift should you give to your local Mailman or UPS Man?

Should it be a monetary gift or wine? If it's a monetary gift then how much?

• Malika
    Favorite Answer

I just saw something about this on my local news.

Letter carriers are not supposed to accept monetary gifts (it could be considered bribing a public official. Really!) Gift cards, gift certificates and other material gifts are acceptable.

For the UPS guy, I would say the same thing- gift cards, etc.

As for wine- if you know them personally and know their tastes, then, by all means, give a bottle of wine. If you don't know, (they may not be wine drinkers or don't drink alcohol at all) stick with gift cards!

The gift cards can be from anywhere! Maybe a restaurant gift certificate or a gift card to someplace like Starbucks. (they can stop for a bite to eat or something drink while out on their rounds)

Let them pick out their own gloves, etc.

For the mailman, I'd give $10-15. For the UPS guy, it depends if he delivers every day. $10-15 might be the same. Don't knock yourself out - give money. They appreciate that more than a gift or wine.

• Randy

Marie is right... Postal carriers are federal employees, and they will be fired if caught accepting monetary gifts. See the link below for the details. Baked goods and cocoa are kinda cliche, but I think they'd be the most appreciated. Merry Christmas!

Money isn't thoughtful. Wine is hit or miss, depending on wether or not he drinks. I would give some cookies or brownies. Or Give them a nice travel mug from Starbucks and either ground flavored coffee or gourmet hot chocolate mix.

i'm a non-christian, and in case you have been to present me some thing like that, even even with the undeniable fact that i wouldn't certainly possibly use it (based no what you recent), i'll be chuffed to understand there is any such considerate and loving spirit in you, and that i could gladly settle for it. For me - "it somewhat is the theory counts, no longer the certainly present". i'll sense you're an extremely heat and appreciative individual. What you're able to do, in case you're unclear, is which you're able to have a number of ornaments/presents and ask the recipient to %. what they like? this style, there are extra probabilities of them having some thing of their selection. that's going to be solid to have some non-christmasy presents in there too. Take care, and save up the spirit.

No money. A bottle of wine or some baked goods with a card.

I think chocolates or cookies are a nice thing to give them. The guys I deal with seem to appreciate them!

aww..you're so nice.

cookies,new shoes,gloves,money 15-30 dollars,a scarf.anything you think you would want if you were a mailman

The best years of his life back.

Every body loves chocolate.