Why won't it snow in southern New Hampshire?

It's averaging 40-43 degrees the past week or two, and it's just rain and I have not heard anything about a cold fron running in. Why is this?

Favorite Answer

Oh, I know! Isn't it awful? I mean, normally by this point I'd be sick of the snow and cold weather, but it's been unnaturally humid. And here in the Lakes Region of New Hampshire we haven't had any snow either. I think it was last week, we got a slight dusting one night/early morning. It's 41 degrees here right now and it's supposed to be near 50 this weekend! It's going to be a sad, awkward Christmas. I remember a couple years ago feeling weird one Thanksgiving because we hadn't had snow by then, but it's mid-December. Come on, snow! I remember when I was a kid it we'd be lucky if we didn't have snow at Halloween. Now we're missing it. Just kind of proves... global warming's definitely taking affect.

I live in the Worcester Hills of Massachusetts and it was snowing 2 weeks ago. It was actually snowing 2 months ago too. However, we usually get it a month or two ahead of everybody else.

You should see snow in a couple weeks, just in time for Xmas.

For the same reason it hasn't been snowing in other areas in the northeast - warmer weather than usual.

Southern New Hampshire can't really get special treatment when it comes to weather.

I want snow, remeber when it snowed in October, why can't it be October again? I need snow, or else I might cry

One, it's been too warm and two, the salt in the air melts it!!

Try learning about el Nino...they said a mild winter.

And complain all you want, this is keeping my heat bill in check. I love it.