when the harmonic is rusted how to find the mark o?

Favorite Answer

Try cleaning the rust off with a solvent like carb and choke cleaner. Or take a little oil and put it on your finger and rub it's surface, you should be able to get enough of the rust off to see the timing marks.

If your that serious, look at the timing order from a book/manual. Then turn it untill the corect piston is TDC, then make a chalk mark, or score one in.

Rust and Grease Remover help. I used some Rust Away on a 1914 4cyl Ford and she cleaned up nice. I ruined the motor, but it was pretty.

If you've try to clean the area and still can not see it you may have to remove #1 spark plug. Disable the ign ( so no spark occurs ) have a friend bump over the starter slowly. Stick your thumb over the plug hole. When the piston comes up to top dead centre on compression stock it Willl try to push the air by your thumb. That wil be close to top dead. Inspect for your marker by the pointer. Hope I helped good luck

the marks are usually actually cut into the surface, not just painted on.

so if you clean it well with solvent or sand lightly with 200 or higher grit paper, you should be ale to find them

Wire bruch it, I even have used sandpaper

try using some emery cloth on it while you wet it down works well