My ex (whom we share 2 children with) bought me...?

A christmas gift...i know it sounds weird but we broke up and he is with some one else...Am I obligated to get him something beyond what I am giving him from the kids?

Its not that I haven't thought about getting him something honestly but his new gf has a lot of issues with me and I don't want to step on anyone's toes let alone her's and cause a fight over christams.....

Favorite Answer

honey I did that for my ex last year... I saw a book that was titled fathers from barnes & nobles & gave it to him. why? b/c hes my sons father, i still love him, & wanted him to know how much he means to me & my son. I wasnt expecting anything in return & when he told he didnt get my anything in return I said that fine & that I wasnt expecting one anyway & he took it in stride & that was it..

tell him how you feel.. maybe he saw that & thought of you & just wanted to be nice. just take it in stride...

Get him something generic that shows you care, but not too flashy. Box of cigars, something for his car/truck... nothing too expensive, or anything that would make the new girl jealous. But don't feel obligated.

No u are not obligated to but u could be nice and return the favour

• kitcat

No, you are not. He just probably did it out of kindness. But you are not obligated to do the same.

indeed

For all the single ones out there looking for romance:

http://gogo.kubera.ro/passion/passion.html