Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

Does it bother u that news stations only show stories to sensationalize them?

like the 3 hikers lost in mount hood, in a snow storm. this is important to the local news where they are from, but why is cnn devoting hours to this? and nancy grace only shows the most sensational headlines

• P-Nut
    Favorite Answer

It aggravates me enough that I change the channel to some thing other than the news. I dislike it even more during Sweeps Week.~~~

ratings!

It seems that with the advent of 24 hour news channels like CNN, they need something to fill airtime. Remember when JFK Jr. crashed his plane. CNN would have a pilot who had a similar airplane on to interview him. How is that news?

And, now that there are so many avenues through which to get information they need to sensationalize, sexualize, and make it appealing, otherwise, you wouldn't tune in. Who simply wants the facts...?

beacuse if they told you what was really important, they'd be shot

har. no. well maybe. but most people wouldn't able to wrap their heads around it anyway. so they just throw out the 'human interest' stories from a paint by numbers set.

does it bother me? i don't want stomach cancer, so i try not to think about it

• Sara S

it doesn't necessarily bother me, i'm used to it.

But...it kinda irks me that the news only shows bad stuff. Every night you watch it it's shooting here, cancer here, kidnapping there. Why can't people be more civilized and realize that there are consequences when you do something bad! I mean, c'mon. drugs are bad..

I agree. And yes it does bother me. But it is to be expected. That is how most people think in this country. They think we will care about whatever they tell us to care about.

Doesn't bother me much, I'm used to it.

3 words

RATINGS

RATINGS

RATINGS