whats the difference between Germany german and Switzerland german?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It's mainly an accent, a few words are different but not many. It's pretty much like the difference between New York English, and Texas English.

• Stefan
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Swiss German is based on an older form of the Germanic language. It does have a different vocabulary and grammar. There is dispute among linguists whether Swiss German is a German dialect or a independent language. German speakers mostly do not understand Swiss German.

Source(s): I speak Swiss German and German
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

the german is the same, but with an accent. The Swiss also speak French and Italian, according to which region they near the outside bordering coutries. There is also a Swiss language, but I can't remember what it is called. They have these languages because these countries all border onto Switzerland.

Nobody ever invades Switzerland because all the rich countries and rich people keep their money in Swiss banks!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

German's speak German. The Swiss speak a similar language, but it's not traditional German. It's their own dialect.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

AFAIK the written German is identical. The Swiss have different dialects to the Germans.

• Kemmy
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

I find that the Swiss speak German in a "sing-song"-like way while the Germans speak it in a short and sharp way.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Sie sprechen ganz andere Dialekt als bei den Deutschen.

Schweiz = schweizer Deutsch

Deutschland = ganz standard Deutsch

it is not quite different like in Wales or in Ireland...they are sometimes speaking Gaelic english, which doesn´t sound like a standard english.

• 1 decade ago

In Switzerland they don't use this letter:

ß

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

different places

• 1 decade ago

1 is more german than the other????????????????????

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.