How bad is a write-up at work?

Anybody know? I'm "at risk" of getting one and I'm going to play by the rules and kiss up and do whatever I have to do. But my boss is a psychopath and he's gonna sabatoge things if he can... god help me. My record is really good up to this point. What should I do? Does this kind of... show more Anybody know? I'm "at risk" of getting one and I'm going to play by the rules and kiss up and do whatever I have to do.

But my boss is a psychopath and he's gonna sabatoge things if he can... god help me.

My record is really good up to this point. What should I do?

Does this kind of stuff follow you around for life?

Thanks.
Update: - i haven't gotten one yet -its basically a "personality conflict" w/ my boss... might be in it too deep to curb it. In my own defense, I've been pretty patient, but this has been going on for quite a while. Not good in office politics - I look like a jerk. -i'm most worried about it... show more - i haven't gotten one yet

-its basically a "personality conflict" w/ my boss... might be in it too deep to curb it. In my own defense, I've been pretty patient, but this has been going on for quite a while. Not good in office politics - I look like a jerk.

-i'm most worried about it affecting me w/ other jobs in the future...