Some good dog food nutrition tips when looking for dog food?

What are some good dog food nutrition tips when looking for dog food? I understand that there shouldn't be corn, by-products, etc. What are some other things I should look for?
Update: By the way, I feed my dog Authority Harvest Baked... Is that a good brand? I understand that there are better out there (Innova, Wellness, Evo, California Natural, Karma, Solid Gold, etc) but I just can't afford it... But don't get me wrong, I do want the best for my dog, so the best thing I got closest to... show more By the way, I feed my dog Authority Harvest Baked... Is that a good brand? I understand that there are better out there (Innova, Wellness, Evo, California Natural, Karma, Solid Gold, etc) but I just can't afford it... But don't get me wrong, I do want the best for my dog, so the best thing I got closest to holistic and natural was Authority Harvest Baked (affordable too!) Was that a good idea to get Authority Harvest Baked?