Is it bad to eat really hot peppers and I am 25 week pregnant?

• A W
    Favorite Answer

It's totally fine, just don't be surprised if you feel that baby jumping around inside soon afterwards (I know I always do after I eat spciy foods).

Something funny....I hear that in your third trimester your baby develops a liking for the foods that you frequently eat. So it's no surprise that my 2 1/2 year old son likes to drink, yes, DRINK by itself, medium salsa. Salsa is not safe around him, we catch him downing it if it's on the table for anything.

Oh yeah, and I went into labor a week early after eating spicy Mexican food, so when you're a little farther along, be careful.

It all depends. During pregnancy, you're more likely to get heartburn but I am 24 weeks pregnant and still eat jalepeno peppers with my salads and what not. My baby is perfectly healthy. So my suggestion is to go ahead until you can't tolerate them anymore.

• Gem

If you can tolerate the peppers and they don't make you sick, or severely burn your mouth, the baby will be fine.

I ate spicy food while pregnant and nursing. The worst side affect my daughter has is curry breath, she likes it spicy and she is 18 months old.

Congrats on the upcoming baby.

Its not bad, I always eat my food with hot sauce even some fruits(i know weird) I asked my doctor if it was ok to keep eating it and he said it was fine. That can induce labor when you are almost due so I stopped now

your not really "suppose" eat hot n spicy food. The baby reacts to it. Im sure it wont hurt the baby or anything, he/she will just probaly do lots of summer saults everywhere!

it will more than likely cause some serious heartburn. My friend craved hot and spicy food while she was pregnant and her baby turned out fine.

no it will not harm the baby. Although you WILL have LOTS and LOTS of heart burn! I KNOW! I am 27 weeks!

nope, if you and your tummy can handle it...then go for it.

But realize you will probably get pretty bad heartburn but I guess that is what mylanta is for huh?!?

Good Luck :)

well iwouldnt advise u to but i think if u alredy had one then u should go to the doc if u notice to fell anythibg =odd about you babys behaviour

well it isnt that good to eat them because u can cause the baby to have irritated skin......