What City/State name(s) would name your kid?

I don't have a kid but i was just wondering if people really like naming their kid(s) after big cities or states. My friends at school who are twins are call St. Paul and Minnesota. But they go by their nicknames: Paula and Mina. Really no kidding.

I hear that there are some people who hate it when other people call their kids a city name. Know why?

• Blondi
    Favorite Answer

We are naming our daughter Brooklynn Rose....Not because i like the city, but because I like how the name sounds. We were going to name her just Brooke...But we were having lots of trouble finding a middle name for it and I liked Rose, but it doesnt go with just Brooke. So I decided to just name her Brooklynn and We can call her Brooke:) I dont care what others think about it being a city because she is not being named after that. Also a reason I added an extra N to it. So that its not spelled Exactly the same.

I wouldn't name my child after a city/state/country. But I do think some of the names are cute like India & Miami.

• SD

I think they can be really cute but sometimes are a little too much for me.

I think that they make great middle names...

I have met a couple Asia's. America is becoming a pretty popular name choice too and is it Meg Ryan who has a daughter named Ireland?

Savannah is cute. Alabama is kind of cute too. I wouldn't name my daughter it but the name Alabama Grace has a nice flow. Bethany is a cute name.

Georgia is kind of cute too.

Paris is cute but I wouldn't name my child it. I do like Brooklyn.

SD

City/State names are okay with me, but I'd go with more normal ones, like Savannah, Charlotte, Austin, etc. I'm not going to name my kids Chicago, Sacramento, or after one of the 5 boroughs. (No offense to anyone who lives in one of those places!)

I really detest naming kids after cities/states/countries, etc. the only ones I think are reasonable are:

Georgia

Savannah

Carolina

I think state names are out of the question but as for cities:

Albany

Blythe

Davis

Exeter (that's a stretch)

Hemet

Jackson

Lathrop

Lodi

Marina

Orinda

Perris

Shasta

Sonora

Stanton

Ukiah

All of the above are cities in California except for Shasta which is a derivation of Mt. Shasta.

I love the name Denver for a little boy. I'd also consider Austin for a boy, maybe Savanah for a girl. Dakota is cute, too. I just haven't decided if it's for a boy or a girl yet. Montana is cute for a little girl, as is Chelsea, but that's a little too common for my tastes.

My daughter has a little girl in her class named Milana. Her sister is Venice and their brother is Roman. Their mother, "Loves Italy."

I coached children on a swim team once who were siblings. All named after states. I coached Ari, whose name was short for Arizona. Sister was Missy, short for Mississippi, and brothers were York and Reg, short for Oregon.

Source(s): My brain!

I knew a guy named Houston, and i have heard of the name Nevada and then there is Dakota. I myself don't like any of those names but if the parents like them, why not i guess. I've heard worse names!

well i don't know if i would name my kid after a city or state but some ones that sound ok are:

Paris

Austin

Dakota

London

Sydney

Brooklyn

Georgia