Does anyone know a simple solution to try to fight fatigue?

I am a 34 year old mother of 2 school age children (7 &12), I work out 3-5 times a week, and I am a stay at home mom who does regular housework and things. I recently began getting tired around 3 in the afternoon every day- really tired. I get plenty of rest, and have no idea why this started. I also get terrible headaches during my period, which also recently started. Does anyone know if these sound like I am deficient in something, or have any homeopathic suggestions to render? I would appreciate the input. Thanks

Favorite Answer

I have similar situations. Try taking a womens multivitamin for good measure. b vitamins complexes with ribose(a type of sugar)are great to boost energy and eating small frequent meals(snacks )no big ones, through out the day to help keep your energy going. yogurt is a great one. ginseng is also great for energy and helps fight stress

You are tired for a reason, and although vitamin deficiency could be one . . . I think your body is telling you to take a nap around 3pm. Most people do, there is nothing wrong with that. Even if this is new for you, you are probably just plain out worn down. Especially as we get older, we need more rest. And you have a full plate with your two children.

As several people have noted, it sounds like an iron deficiency. Try taking a women's multi-vitamin (so called because they're high in iron). You lose iron through blood loss during your period.

Also, the normal time of day to be tired is between 3-4; it's the nadir of your circadean rhythm. You're probably noticing it more because of your general fatigue.

Perhaps depression ( anger turned inward), lack of interests/ friends/hobbies/lack of meaning to life outside of family responsibilities, maybe the house is too dry with the heat on, or temperature too warm insuide.

Most Americans are deficient in many vitamins and minerals, enzymes and other substances. Are you getting enough iron? How about the B multi vitamins and C?

Are you getting enough water daily?

I'm a psychologist with 35 years of experience. These symptoms are serious enough that you should see a doctor, and soon. They could be treatable with homeopathy or nutrients but they also could be signs of a serious medical condition. Since you are living a very healthy lifestyle, there are no simple answers to this recent change in your health. Please don't postpone getting checked out by a competant physician.

I wish you well.

Source(s): PhD in Psychology and 35 years of clinical experience.

Drink Mona Vie, It is a nutritional health promoting drink loaded in antioxidants. Made with 19 antioxidant rich fruits.

It helps a lot of people sleep better when they're trying to sleep and have more energy during the day.

www.mymonavie.com/drinkacai

click on "the Science" and then learn more

It sounds like you've got a lot going on there, no wonder you get a little tired. I hate to mention it, but you're not 20 anymore. Always a good idea to get a little check up tho.

Try to take vitamins it could be a possiblity that you have low iron

Try yoga! There is yoga virtually for anything and everything that is wrong with you, and it acutally works.

exercise more, take a look at your diet to see what your eating such as caffiene or a lot of B3...good luck and i hope that helps