Power still runs when it's off????

When I shut down my computer, there is small amounts of power running through it. For example:

The CD-Writer green light its on but with a fading light

Wireless Internet light is on with fading light

and the HDD activy light is on..

When I power on my computer, they turn off unless I used them

why is that?

It's completely off, when I press the power button on, it goes through the boot screen.

Favorite Answer

Hmm. There is always some power going through a motherboard - flea power as it is called. You may want to make sure you are actually powering the system off completely. If going through the standard shutdown sequence doesn't help, try holding the power button for 7 seconds instead, this will force a hard shutdown and power off.

• Snoopy

It sounds like your computer is going into standby instead of shutting off. Standby is a reduced power consumption mode of windows. Go into the control panel and check the power management settings.

these lights r designed to show u that the PC is connected to a power source

• piquet

have you actually turned off the computer though, or is it just in standby? the two states are completely different from one another.