How old usually does a baby start holding their hears up?

I havent seen many new borns but my 9lb baby has a really strong neck. but then again i havent seen many babys. when did ur baby start holding their neck and when could they sit up w/o help?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Usually they sit up at around six months without assistance. Regarding holding their head up, I'd say around five or six weeks is average.

Congratulations on your new baby!!

• 1 decade ago

Generally babies start holding their heads up around 3 months and sit up on their own around 6 months. All babies develop at their own rate so yours could be sooner or a bit later. You can help your baby hold his/her head up by giving plenty of tummy time and not cope her up in a car seat/stroller/swinger etc. all day.

• 1 decade ago

My week old baby boy is holding his head up to and he was an 8 pound baby

it worried me but then the doctor said that its normal and infact really good it means hes got nice strong muscles and that he might develop quicker then most

• ramayo
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

if your newborn isn't walking independently previous 18 months, i might get that appeared at to rule out any issues. the significant ingredient is the form of his skills. If he grew to become right into slightly late gaining expertise of to roll over and pass slowly, possibilities are high he will choose some better weeks or months for walking as nicely. babies can take their first steps as youthful as 9 months and as late as 18 months. it quite is a vast selection, so attempt to not evaluate. If he's continually gaining expertise of latest issues, do not undertaking. My babies all started walking slightly in the previous their first birthday.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Well knowing that all babies are diffrent, mine started holding his head up at 4 mo. he would lie on stomach and raise his head up. He started sitting with assistance at about 6 mo. and all on his own when he turned 7.

• 1 decade ago

My son was holding his head up by around 10 weeks. He actually did it for the first time when we were getting a portrait taken... they posed him on his stomach and his head stayed up. I think that's the average age, but I've seen babies as young as 3 weeks hold their head up on their own.

• 1 decade ago

Do not compare your child with any other child. Kids learn at different rates. Talking, walking, potty training is all different. I was concerned about my daughters talking. She didnt begin speaking until after age 2. every other kid was speaking way before this age. She was also late in potty training but she was very quick in learning. only a few days and she understood how to go potty.

• 1 decade ago

around 6 months

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.