Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsInfectious Diseases · 1 decade ago

can u get HIV by swallowing?

for ex. had sex with some1 n he came in my mouth without warning me,,,,is it possible to get HIV from that? i dont know if hes positive or not.

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes you can. Have yourself checked right away.

• 1 decade ago

Why would you want to have any unprotected sex with anyone you think or suspect has HIV?

HIV is spread through body fluids ( normally blood) and unprotected sex.

HIV is a life long disease that requires alot of responsibility. Meaning many drugs have to be taken to ensure the virus is not taking over your body.

Please be responsible.... dont be careless. Take care of yourself and do not have unprotected sex again.

Even if HIV or other diseases can not be transmitted through mucous membranes, why would you even take a chance?

Good luck and get tested. If test is negative, retake it six months later.

• 1 decade ago

I would think yes. HIV is transmitted through bodily fluids and I can not think of a better way. You need to get checked and stay away from this guy. You should not give this guy the time of day let alone a *******.

• 1 decade ago

Absolutely 100% yes, if the person has HIV. HIV does get into the mucous membranes. This yourself tested. If this person is close to you, this person also needs to be tested.

Source(s): medical knowledge.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Yes. If you have cuts in your mouth you can contract HIV.

I'm not sure if it makes a difference if you swallow or not...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Although unprotected oral sex is considered low risk for HIV transmission, it's possible.

• 1 decade ago

Yes you can. Semen is one of the highest ways of contracting HIV. Along with vaginal fluids, iv needle use, blood etc.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The HIV virus can be absorbed through the mucus membranes in the back of your mouth. It doesn't matter if you swallow or spit, if it gets THERE, you're at risk.

• 1 decade ago

yes it is possible, why are you having sex oral or otherwise with a partner that you don't know that well. If he really cares for you he would get tested. Otherwise you get tested.

• 1 decade ago

Yes you can. If you're not sure if he's positive, the both of you need to get checked.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.