Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (Soccer)Other - Soccer · 1 decade ago

How can I play college soccer at the D2 or D3 level?

Right now I'm a junior in high school and have just completed my 3rd season as a varsity starter. I have 59 starts in 3 years for a very successful small school who won the sectional and conference championship 2 years in a row. I recently am playing for a high level team who train with many d3 and d2 players. Is there anything I should do that will make my chances better? It has been a dream of mine to play college soccer and although I don't believe I am a division 1 player, I think i can play D3 or D2 but don't have the stats and no coaches have contacted me yet. Any advice would help, thanks.

Right now I'm a junior in high school and have just completed my 3rd season as a varsity starter. I have 59 starts in 3 years for a very successful small school who won the sectional and conference championship 2 years in a row playing as a center midfielder all 3 years. I recently am playing for a high level team who train with many d3 and d2 players. Is there anything I should do that will make my chances better? It has been a dream of mine to play college soccer and although I don't believe I am a division 1 player, I think i can play D3 or D2 but don't have the stats and no coaches have contacted me yet. I am playing for an old college coach who hopefully will help me out. Any advice would help since this is new to me, thanks.

Favorite Answer

one of the best things you can do is try and contact college coaches. my senior year i was looking for a school to play for and i was in your same situation. i started looking at schools online and most of the schools had a soccer section of their website. on the soccer section of most schools there was a spot where i could fill out a recruit form. the form gave the school all my info and you can put in your own stats. sometimes small school coaches dont have time to go out and recruit alot so they rely on kids contacting them first. so just check out websites and fill out as many recruitment cards as possible and if you want it badly enough you can find somewhere to play. if all else fails you can contact me (metrostar13@aol.com) and i can get you into touch with my coach if you are willing to come to oklahoma for school. we arent d2 but we have a very good team and are looking to go to nationals next season. i would be more than happy to give your info to my coach and have him give you a call

What position do you play? Just keep training get your speed up. As a 3 year starter and back to back championships you should be in a good position to make a team. If you really wish to improve your chances you could join a club team that plays in big tournaments and college showcases.

Depends on the team but over all D2 is stronger.