Having your membranes stripped? Did it work and how many days after did you go into labor?

Favorite Answer

about a week

mommy of4

The only time I have ever had my membranes stripped is when I was in the hospital and had an Induced labor. But it can range anywhere between instantly and up to 2 week's before you go into labor. Good Luck to you! :)

I got mine done and I went into labor a few days later. I dont think I went into labor because of the procedure, I was 9 days past due anyways.

The procedure was uncomfortable to do and hurt like a bad period and just made me cranky for the rest of the time. For my next baby I am definitely not getting it done! I suspect my midwife did it because she was going on vacation soon, and really, i ended up having a c-section anyways, so what was the point. So definitely not worth it.

On a different topic, I had raspberry leaf tea and went into labor 12 hours later, so that might have helped.

My midwife told me to go straight home and have sex with my husband after she stripped mine.

Within a few hours I returned to the hospital to have my baby.

I asked my doctor to do it to me and she said it is affective and she wouldn't because she said that my water could break right there and she wanted to wait a little longer. So yes I heard t hat it is effective.

• had it done thursday afternoon and was in labor friday night around midnight.

Usually within a week!!!!!!!!!! You'll know it feels like a menstrual cramp to the 100th power!!!!!!!! Every few minutes!!!!!!! Good luck and ask for epidural.........

My OB did this with my third..I had him that night. :-)

Source(s): mom of 3 TTC#4