lewis and clark?

so what do you think about there dog

• Ralph
    Favorite Answer

Lewis purchased the Newfoundland dog for $20.00 in 1803. This is cheap considering you may have to go to bank to purchase today...

From the Journals of Meriwether Lewis:

" a bear came within thirty yards of our camp last night and eat up about thirty weight of buffaloe suit which was hanging on a pole, my dog seems to be in a constant state of alarm with these bears and keeps barking all night" – June 27, 1805

Some were curious "last night we were all allarmed by a large buffaloe bull, when he came near the tent, my dog saved us by causing him to change his course" – May 29, 1805

And other guests desired to travel with the Corps " walking on shore this evening I met with a buffaloe calf which attached itself to me and continued to follow close at my heels untill I embarked and left it. It appeared allarmed at my dog which was probably the cause of it’s so readily attaching itself to me" – April 22, 1805

As the Corps explored the Louisiana Purchase, Lewis’ dog was quickly adopted by the crew and became known as "Our Dog".

umm the dog... was just a dog.

Don't remember the dog. Please elaborate.