bdat40oz asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 decade ago

Can you really eat your shoes to stay alive if your caught in the wilderness?

I read somewhere you can actually eat the leather off your shoes to stay alive. The leather has all the proper nutrients to sustain life. Is this true?

Ok fine ill eat my belt. Hopefully I never have too eat it but I am going to continue researching this and hopefully someone can help.

You never know this information right here may save your life one day. But is it true? Maybe you get stuck in the snow and there are not any insects or plants to eat at which point obviously you would just eat your belt or anything with leather other than your shoes.. but again will it even work.

Favorite Answer

If the shoes are made of leather, there should be some nutritional value. Otherwise, don't bother. Also, you're probably more likely to get out of the wilderness if you are able to walk instead of slicing your feet up without shoes on.

i'd particularly eat a rotting animal carcas. i visit create hearth out of skinny air, so i'd practice dinner it to the right temp to ward off ailment. Then i'd magically make myself seem at an all-inclusive hotel/spa and eat actual nutrients.... or per chance i will purely attempt this well-known. Why would you want to eat your own appendage? the massive bleeding would make you die enormously with out delay. does no longer you particularly have a sluggish, painful lack of existence from starvation? I particular would. a minimum of i does no longer be in severe soreness from ripping my own arm off with my the teeth. Sheesh.

um i dont think so....but then again it was a part of the cow. so.....um how about you just cross that bridge when you get to it. God forbid u are on tough times and can only afford to eat a wharehouse of REAL leather shoes in order to survive.

You would do better to eat what the bounty of the forest has to offer you;

mosquitos, pine needles, slugs, small birds, squirrels etc.

and keep your shoes for walking.

If you read it somewhere, I guess so, but that is very weird

eat some bark... dur!

i dont think so

NO