Brian S asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

I have a stubborn layer of fat over my abs and want to lose it so they show does anyone have suggestions.?

Like pills and exercises that help with this

• Favorite Answer

It's impossible to lose fat in just one area of the body other that by surgery. You'll want to lose fat in general. Eat less and exercise more.

I played baseball in college and our strength & conditioning coach had a very rigourous 5 minute ab routine that we followed three days a week. The exercises are as follows:

Stationary Crunches (we did them with our hands between our knees pushing out away from our chest) - 30 seconds

Standard Countermovement Crunches (elbows behind the head, feet on the floor; bring the elbows to knees above the chest) - 30 seconds

Roman Soldiers (in a seated position, lift the feet up of the ground about 6 inches and lean back balancing on the butt; while balancing, rotate the body side-to-side attempting to touch the ground with the hands on each side of the body) - 30 seconds

Bicycle crunches - 30 seconds

Scissor kicks Up/Down (laying flat, feet 6 inches off the ground) - 30 seconds

Scissor kicks Side-to-Side (laying flat, feet 6 inches off the ground) - 30 seconds

Dead Leg Holds (laying flat) - 30 seconds

Push-Downs Up/Down - 30 seconds

Push-Downs Side-to-Side - 30 seconds

Sit-ups - 30 seconds

If needed, you can add a 10 second rest period between each exercise.

Good luck!!!!

D.B.

well exercise is probably the best way to get ride of it. Do crunches but dont kill yourself doing alot all at one time start off with a few at first to stregthen your abs then add more so you dont hurt yourself it will take time and dedication but in the end you will have a sexy flat stomach and of course pills really arent the answer stay away from foods with lots of fat thats how you get that fat lol good luck to you

You need to do cardiovascular exercises to get rid of fat. Many people will do tons of sit-ups, thinking it'll get rid of the fat, but they'll just have even stronger, rock hard abs under the same layer of fat. Fat is mostly removed by doing cardio.

Hi, Are you tired of being overweight? Don’t you wish you could just lose it all? I have the perfect plan for you! I have been a personal trainer, life coach & bodybuilder for 25 years. I have an awesome plan that will help you to lose that weight and to tone up. Plus, for the first month I will give you, one on one, personal advice. This only costs $20.00 US. Payment can be made via Paypal or credit card at dcprice1@shaw.ca

Well I think you should drink a lots of water and grape fruit juice and that burns the fat down. and also do a 20mn work out three days out of the week.

Use an elliptical machine and voila in three weeks to a month instant six pack but be prepared to work your a*s (or in this case your gut) off

Maybe sit ups or crunches. Everyone says pill do not work, but I haven't tried them myself. Good luck!

after you eat drink a glass of grapefruit juice if you like grapefruit because it works really good and you got to do this after every meal

atkins. took me 3 weeks to lose all of my troublesome belly fat. the first few days are hard, but then it is rather easy. good luck.