AFwife asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

I just got off of the shot, now my periods are crazy! help!?

i was only on the depo for 6 months, i was supposed to get it in October but didn't so i just got my period 2 weeks ago, but now i have it again and its taking forever to go away, whats going on? will it go away?

Favorite Answer

I was on the Depo shot for only one shot, 3 months, and when I didn't go in for the second one, because I hated how I felt after taking it, I had my period for 47 days straight!!!

Your body will eventually become normal again, but unfortunatly, it just may take some time!!

Good luck!!

Yes it will go away, what is causing is the change in hormones. Give your body a couple of months re-adjust itself to doing its "own" thing. If next month is not any better or you have a period that is non-stop I would suggest you call your Doctor. But he/she will most likely tell you its just your body adjusting to the hormone change and it will take a couple of months. I hope this helps you.