How to remove finger nail polish from a mirror?

My daughter painted a smiley face on bathroom mirror and it does not match the holiday decor. Any suggestions?

Favorite Answer

Goop Off (it's a cleaner that gets everything out)

"Any suggestions?" Leaves you wide open, you know. You made it sound like you wanted some special answers. It is, after all the time for fun and laughter.

How about making a wreath out of thin colored foil or construction paper, and putting that around the smiley face. Or, put a Santa cap on it. Have fun and take the decoration off with nail polish remover followed by soap and water after Christmas. Merry Christmas!!!

Try rubbing alcohol first then nail polish. Nail polish remover/acetone would work best but it also removes paint.

• -

Nail polish remover, my daughter painted our kitchen table which has a glass lazy Susan in the middle, and it took it right off...

Source(s): had it happen to me
  • leslie

Nail polish remover should work. Your comment about matching the decor is so funny!

i don't see why it wouldn't match the holiday decor as you say. the holidays are a time for hope happiness and humor. all of these things are represented perfectly by a smiley face drawn by the gift of a child. you even have the benefit of seeing your own face at the same time. it can be like a template for you to imitate if you are feeling sad. just make the face you see right next to yours. it sounds like your daughter is an artistic genius!!

Source(s): art is a gift from God and if you mock the artist, you mock God. is that really what you want to do especially in the name of His son's birthday?

Use finger nail Polish remover you can get it at a drug store.

Mirror Nail Varnish

Nail polish remover. It won't harm glass. If you don't have any, you can scrape it off with a straight edge razor blade.

Try this cleaning cloth. You have to buy in packages of 5 but they are only like $3 bucks a piece. I have ordered them and use them on everything, especially cleaning windows and clean mirrors. They are made out of tiny fibers. They are guaranteed not to scratch and all you do is rinse the cloth under water, wring it out and wipe ANY surface with no streaks or scratch. Use em over and over. I have not thrown one away yet!

I even waxed my car with it! I am sold on this ...I encourage you to try it out.

www.eazeeclean.com

polish remover, the mirror is non porous and it should come off easily. If you have no remover, just scrape it off with a razor blade or very sharp knife