have you ever called someone online retarded because their spelling was really bad and later found out?

they really are mentally retarded?

Favorite Answer

No...."retarded" is both rude to a person who is not mentally handicapped, as it is to call somebody who is mentally handicapped retarded. It's slang, and it's an extremely mean thing to say regardless.

• Never. That's why I don't even tell others they are retarded because they could be "mentally retarded" some can't even talk or spell at all (I used to work with students like that) how would it feel to be called that and someone found out you are actually retarded. I know sometimes words slips out but you need to watch. And honestly I'm sure that person feels worse inside already. Take care.

No, I have never called someone online retarded because their spelling was really bad and then later found out they were. How many mentally retarded individuals write on the Internet, anyway?

• Me

If they were really mentally retarded do you really think they could get on here and answer questions?! There is such a thing called "spell checker" on here. It only takes 2 sec. to use it. I think it is just lazy people not retarded.

no as I would not call them retarded for that, most people just type to fast and then don't use spell check. How would you ever find out they were mentally challenged any ways?

Well no, I had a friend who had this happen to him

He was sitting in the middle of the college campus, it was raining and the stairs of the Ferguson Center (University of Alabama) were slippery. Well a dude slipped down the stairs and bumped his butt down every step. Well my friend began to laugh a little bit and every body around him began to stare at him like he was the devil. My friend then realized that the guy who fell was mentally retarded! Oh boy talk about embarassing.

That is why I never call anyone retarded. They might actually be mentally retarded.

Really retarded people have no problem spelling.

• Tony M

No, there is no one I talk to online that is retarded.

I'd never call anybody retarded. I have a cousin who is retarted, and besides that;s just plain mean! (but also kinda funny)