Am I a horrible person?

Lately I've been having doubts about the feelings I have for my boyfriend. I don't know if I'm with him because I really love him or just because I like having him around. When he first asked me out I was flattered (he's really good looking) and lots of girls were jealous of me. My friends were all excited because they thought we were a perfect match and we looked good together. The problem is I don't know if I really love him or I just like the fact that he's what most girls want and he's mine. He's a great guy and it's very obvious that he really loves me. I feel terrible and I probably don't deserve him but I'm just really confused. Do I love him or do I just like having him around?

Favorite Answer

we cant tell you if you love him or not... you gotta sit down and really think about it... but no, you're not horrible, you'd be if you knew you dont love him and still didnt break up with him...

You're not a horrible person. In fact you're a better person for trying to make sure you are with him for you. Knowing that now will prevent a messy situation later. There's not straight forward answer to this but if your happy with him maybe you do love him. Think about the fact that if he was ugly and smelled would you still hang out with him? If there's nothing else keeping you with him but his looks don't lead him on. Hope this is helpful. If anything else talk to someone how knows you well and you trust

You aren't a horrible person. Most people have doubts about their relationship at some time. Just try to think about all the things you do love about him and see what happens.

Maybe u liked him as a b/f but nothing in terms of love or high end committment. Ur not a bad person, if u dont feel an emotional connection then it wasnt meant to be. BUt dont just stay with him because ur trying to impress your friends

Nah, I don't think u r horrible. Sometimes people feel this way for various reasons. I would be a good Idea to talk with him and let him know how u really feel. Maybe u 2 can go from there.

That is for you to decide. One of my gf's did that to me and it ended pretty badly. That is definately not a reason to keep someone around. But as to whether or not that is the reason for you, you really just have to think about how you feel. Nobody on here will be able to tell you what your true feelings are.

sounds like you don't love this guy anymore. it happens all the time but don't stay with a person because you look good together or it is what people want you to do. you have to live your life and make sure your happy

I'm sure you do love him,it just may be that you're not ready for a commited relationship yet

but still want some-one in your life. Take it one day at a time and things should get better.

sweetie u just love having him around,u don't really love him u just get jealous when other girls look at him and try to take to him thats when u own him up.just tell him. ur not a horrible person ur sweet it's that u don't love him anymore.

• K-E-G

How could you be a horrible person for having thoughts, Coco? It's pretty obvious to me that you are seeing someone else behind his back!

It's ok.

You are not required to click with a guy just because he's great. If you aren't truely happy, it's time to face up to it and move on.

You happiness in a relationship is most important.