Constipation in pregnancy.....?

I know this really sucks to ask a question about but I need help. I need to know if anyone got constipated in the third trimester.I hear all these things about the first.Last night I thought I was really going into labor but now I'm thinking it could maybe be constipation.I lost my plug a week ago and ever since then I have been having very low pressure and back pain.I was having rock hard contraction last night every eight min. but I forced myself to go to sleep and they are gone this morning.I have bad cramping though.I did have a bowel movement this morning but I don't know what to do.It just feels like I have to go all day long.I know that's alot of info that I didn't really need to share but I truly need help.Thanks for all that take me serious and are willing to help.

Favorite Answer

It's probably a combo of the pressure of the baby on your rectum and on your stomach. If your contractions come closer together or don't go away and are consistent, go to your Dr. You'll probably be having the baby soon. Congrats!

• Jess H

Constipation is really common in pregnancy. I had it so bad I thought I was going to die. You can try using something like Metamucil, and drink LOTS of water. If that doesn't help, then my doctor recommended a glycerin suppository. It comes in little pill forms, or in a little squeeze bottle. (The squeeze bottles work the best.) Of course, always ask YOUR doctor before doing anything like that. He might have a different suggestion than my doctor.

I would say you need to contact your doctor. It really sounds like your in labor. Labor can feel like you need to go to the bathroom. Good luck.

Source(s): Been there done that!!

I would try some Fiber One ceral, you can add some sugar to make it taste better, but its okay and has 14 grams of fiber which should soften everything up naturally

I was constipated bad for about the last month of my pregnacy my dr told me to take colace, its a stool softener.

It sounds as though you are in labor. You need to contact your gynecologist.

Honey, you need to go to the doctor. It sound like you are miscarrying and he can help you.

could be your body preparing for labor. good luck

yes all the way throught be careful i got piles which caused bleeding and serve pain so please be careful and dont force it out