What is the best way to sanitize a toilet?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

One cup of regular household bleach and one cup of white vinegar into one gallon of water.

It is strong enough to kill even fungal spores!! Smells like crap though.

I tend to just get the Clorox clean up, since every time we tested it in the lab it was by far more effective than the fluffy smelly good things.

We use a 1:10 dilution of bleach to water in the lab.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

To clean the toilet safely, turn to your vinegar. Fill a spray bottle with straight white vinegar. Pour a capful of vinegar into the toilet, then spray the ides of the bowl. Also, sprinkle baking soda in the toilet, wait 15 minutes, and crub with a bit of baking soda sprinkled on the brush. Once a month pour one up vinegar into the toilet and leave overnight. The vinegar dissolves any alkali bildup to prevent hard-water rings in the toilet. Whenever you leave for vacation,pour a cup of vinegar into the toilet to prevent buildup while you are gone.

To disinfect the toilet completely, wipe all surfaces with a cloth soaked in rubbing lcohol or with some of the alcohol-based hand cleaner available in stores.

Source(s): Good Housekeeping Mag.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Use disinfectant cleaning products. I use "The Works" toilet bowl cleaner, and I use disinfectant Scrubbing Bubbles on the seat and the rest of the outside.

• 1 decade ago

bleach

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.