Do you think technology is moving faster than most can keep up?

• Rowan
    Favorite Answer

It is moving way too fast, you get something new, and a month later, there is a better faster version, of what you had just bought, it is nuts!!

• sglmom

It really depends on the individuals in question -- I'm an Empty Nesting Single Retiree (FINALLY -- I was a Long-Term Single Parent to TWO disabled children), and when I originally obtained my UGrad and Grad Degrees -- well, lets say that calculators were so expensive they were NOT able to be used on Certification Examinations (we had to use slide rules) ... and Punched Cards were the state of the art for programming a computer.

I entered the working world when even dumb terminals did not exist --- and we had to have a secretary type the budget listings for submission -- god forbid if there was a mistake -- because it meant starting the whole page all over again.

Now ... I use the spreadsheets, Graphical Interfaces, Digital Imaging, Word Processing and all the toys and devices that Technology has brought -- and I am enjoying them!

Source(s): Just because someone is older -- doesn't mean that technology is moving faster than they can keep up -- some of us take to the new technology quite easily --- and one of the odd things that happened while we were transitioning to our first desktop computers (with real memory in them) was the younger individuals had more problems trying to adapt than those of us who dealt with the carbon paper, the typewriters, the punched cards and the slide rules -- and it was in a way, an EASY transition for us. I remember my first Laptop Computer too -- what a JOY (even though it weighed a LOT and was huge) to take something with me to open up a very simple spreadsheet and add my data to it! So it depends on the personality, talents and desires of the individual -- whether or not they are going to embrace the new technology or stick with what they are most familiar with. The only thing is this -- I patiently wait for prices to fall, then I purchase after doing research, so usually my Tech purchases are solid, reliable, and last multiple years (like the laptop I last purchased is now 3 yrs old and still works like a charm). PS -- I LOVE my Digital SLR Camera -- after all the expense and hauling around many, many film cartridges everywhere -- it is SUCH A JOY to pick up a very thin case and stick it in my purse -- with Digital Chip Cards to change in and out when I am shooting images as I drive around.

Yes. We often take if for granted. Just think, if you can communicate with someone all the way across the world in a matter of seconds without at least a wire, that's pretty amazing.

Much faster than this war baby can keep up!

yeah .. like the HDTV all the people spending thousands on them this year will have to suck it up when something better comes out next year

not to fast but a little yes

I'm one of those who can't keep up

i am going back to the amish community because of it

yes! its way too much to handle!

Well in yahoo's case that would be no.

Source(s):