INOTFRIEND asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 decade ago

Ever dealt with some one you want to understand you but they just don't get your simple message?

• Miki
    Favorite Answer

yes, i am totally on your page. my husband is like that. people who deal with him or hear about him, tell's me the same thing so its not just me who thinks my husband does not get it.

• Tavita

All the time.

I am learning to let go of the need to be understood. The main reason I have a blog is a way of journaling and expressing myself. It's not about other people reading it. In fact it would be really dull to most people.

Yup. It was a case of paranoia combined with too many years of drinking. I tried to explain how he could help a common friend. He was convinced I was trying to cheat him out of something. I finally just let the topic drop, and let nature run its course.

Yes. Sometimes it helps to re-word what it is that you're trying to explain. If it is because you're frusterated, you need to keep a cool head and try putting your explaination in laymens terms.

yes, sometimes people just aren't on the same page as you. my advice is don't waste your energy. you will end up becoming extremely frustrated, and it won't help that they're still totally clueless. good luck!

Yeah, i hate slow people like that

• jose m

MY EXGIRLFRIEND