If your doctor said your baby has....?

If your doctor told you your baby has a gene normally associate with criminality.

Would you considered termination? Or risk your child growing up as criminal?

This actually has happened. Read it some time ago. Can't remember if the couple aborted or not.

Favorite Answer

I'd give my baby a chance. The gene is *normally* but not always associated. That means that there is a chance that my child can live a happy and crime-free life.

Every baby is worth a chance, but ultimately it is the mother's decision. I could never abort a child of mine, but I support the right to chose for others.

Hopefully your upbringing would alter that predisposed gene, and they would grow up without being a criminal. So no to termination . Doctors now are screening for illnesses such as mental retardation, and you have the choice to terminate if the test come back with that possibility.

I'm pro choice but I'd risk it. I wouldn't kill a baby because a doctor said that it has a gene "associated" with criminality.

That's definitely not worth terminating your pregnancy. You can teach your child about right and wrong. Then on the other hand, there is no way of proving your doctor is right.

Just because a child has the gene, doesn't mean he will exhibit that trait. I know of no such gene. I would never terminate a pregnancy.

That same gene is often associated with an entreprenuer as well, so it could be a very good thing.

Good grief.........I have never heard of that. NO, terminating it makes you the criminal,(murderer). Rather have the baby and set a good example. That way the chances are way smaller , children are and act on what the see from their parents.

I grew up with this gene as well, I'd keep the baby because you eventually grow out of that type of lifestyle.

You've a golden opportunity to be the mother of this talented baby!!

i would risk it . take a look a prez. bush he is the most stupidest prez i have ever seen and hes not a criminal he proballily has a crimility traight.