signs of pregnancy-- is diarrhea a common symptom?

just a quick background- i struggled with vomiting in high school to lose weight (lame, i know, i'm over it) but after recovering and changing my priorities, etc, i'm not able to throw up at all. it's weird but even when i'm really sick i can't puke, so instead i diarrhea.

so i feel very nauseous, but instead of vomiting i have horrible diarrhea lately- could that be a sign of pregnancy? (i have other symptoms too, i wouldn't base it solely on this)

i'm married and we're trying to have kids.

i've only had sex with my husband.

Favorite Answer

Pregnancy symptoms are different for everybody and you can have all or just a few of the following symptoms.

1.) Nausea or vomiting. This is called morning sickness but happens during the morning, afternoon and night.

2.) Sore or tender breasts.

3.) Fatigue or tiredness.

4.) Diarrhea or stomach upset.

There are other causes to these symptoms as well. So, if you are experiencing any of these symptoms (especially two or more symptoms) and you are sexually active than I would #1: buy a home pregnancy test and/or #2: I would go see your doctor or gynecologist.

No diarrhea is not a common symptom, nausea, vomiting, increase in appetite, and change in sleep pattern. Symptoms very from woman to woman, but I have never heard of diarrhea being a symptom. You should go get a check up.

Any time you have unprotected sex there is a chance of not only pregnancy but std's, HIV, etc. I have had four pregnancies and have never gotten diarrhea. See a physician.

That was my very first symptom of pregnancy. I stayed up all night 4 days after conception. I felt like I was going to die. I swore my intestines were exploading. To be honest with you I haven't had a solid poop since before conception.

hmm dont think so im pregnant with # 4 and never had diarrhea

usually people are constipated when they are pregnant. my last preg. i only went to the bathroom once in a whole month! and i'm preg. with second and have constipation again and i'm only 7 weeks.