Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

hair is thinning the longer it gets.?

im letting my hair grow long but the longer it gets the thinner it gets. is there anything i can do to get it thicker?

Favorite Answer

if your hair is thin, the longer it is, the thinner it will look, cause it will look weighed down. I have the same problem and it sucks

That would be caused by breakage. Brush/comb your hair with hard rubber bristles only. Avoid nylon bristles at all costs! Do not use brushes with the little balls on the end of the bristles, they tend to tear hair also. Do not use too much heat on your hair, & do not over process your hair. Trim often to get rid of the split ends that will create more breakage. Find a good deep conditioner, & massage into the scalp very well, atleast once a week.

Get a little trim every four weeks. My hair is the same way but if I trim 1/4 inch every month and be consistant ,I will have thicker looking hair.

I have the same problems thats why I keep it shoulder-length. Layers thin it out and because you lose a few hairs every day, the longer it is the less hair you have.

Try putting mousse in your hair before you blow dry. It helps my hair thicken, shine and hold my style.

haha we have basically the same avatar! oh and you can just go to a drugstore and get a thickening paste!