What to wear aghh help!!!?

Well im going to the Nutcracker very verys soon...it is at nightish and stuff...i dont know whatto wear..i want to dress formal not like over the top but like nicely nnot jeans and a t shirt.! help! thanks!!@

Update:

oh and also... ive been to the theater before.....but the reason i am asking is i last went went i was pretty little.... oh and likei said its night anndd probably very very cold! hehe thanks all you ideas are great!!!

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

i would wear a nice cool weather dress, meaning nothing exposing, or slacks and a nice top.

i would stick to black, brown or darker colors just b/c that's my style, but if you are a bold color person, then go for it.

the theater is a formal environment, for the most part, and as long as you are wearing formal attire, then i wouldn't worry about it.

for example....if i were going to the theater tonight, then i would wear my black GAP trouser pants and a red wrap-around sweater or a white button down with a big pearl necklace.

oh, and of course, my black boots!

take care:)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Honey D, i hope youre kiddng because those are somee of the trashiest pieces of clothing i have ever seen. I've been to the nutcracker before and most people just wear dress pants, black, and a snazzy top. just because its a ballet dosent mean you can through a little color in there! Turqoise really looks fabulous with a good pair of trouser pants. Also a very pretty look is the winter white trend. You can wear winter white trousers (just slightly off white) and a cute white knit top or sweater. Always looks classy and is esspecially flattering on women with darker skin tones! Enjoy the ballet, and remember , if you must wear black it dosent have to be boring! add a little color with a cute accessorie, or even a little beading detail on a knee lenghth black skirt!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Most plays or shows that you have to buy a ticket for will be held in some kind of theatre. If this is an early evening performance, usually "business casual" attire is appropriate. (Nice trousers, blouse w/ a jacket or a sweater or nice dress.) You also can't go wrong with "the little black dress", just as long as it is not cut too low or too short.

If you are still unsure, call the theatre and ask what their dress code is. If they say you can wear jeans, then wear that. If they say that business casual attire is preferred, then refer to above.

Have a good time!

Source(s): Experience
  • 1 decade ago

If you have a nice long coat, I would wear a dress that is knee length or longer. You can definitely wear dress pants and a nice top, but if you want to wear a dress then a long coat with it would be perfect! Have a great time!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

if it's not balck tie, u can get away with wearing and nice blouse and a nice pair of dress pants or and nice skirt and shirt. nothing to casual cause it is a ballet

• 1 decade ago

Go glam! You deserve it, and believe me, there will be plenty of people there dressed like they have earned it!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i would wear black pants or a black skirt, a nice blouse, and a pair of heels. have fun!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.