Kara K asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

why am i bleeding?

i just got off of my period 8 days ago and i am bleeding again what should i do is it possible that i am just starting my period again after only 8 days? what else could be causing this ?

Favorite Answer

There could be any number of things causing this. Cysts, endometreosis, pregnancy, many more. It's a really important question for your doctor.

It could be hormones. I was taking B.C to regulate mine and suddenly stopped. I had a small period that lasted two days. About 1.5 weeks later, I had another. It could just be your hormones. It could also be stress. Stress has been known to cause all sorts of problems and period problems are no exception. I would talk to your gyno. S/he may have some answers.

Sometimes this can be a hormonal problem that can be solved by taking birth control pills. My wife had bleeding 24/ 7 everyday of the month untill her doctor told her to take birth control pills, because the hormones found in them would control the bleeding.

But of course make sure to see a doctor.

From personal experience, you may have a harmone imbalance and should see a doctor. There are various reasons for break through bleeding and a doctor will be able to determine the cause and treatment for you. Don't put this off.

Im no women but i think it is possible that you are starting ure period again i would also advise you to go and see your doctor or nurse as they know how to handle these things i am 100% sure that you will be ok hope u feel better soon :)x

This happens to me a lot. I have exceptionally irregular periods. I have noticed that at times of stress I have more problems with bleeding.

make an appointment to see your gyno- it will be helpful for them if you take a calendar and mark the days you have been menstruating on it. My gyno usually puts me on birth control for short periods of time until my cycle evens itself back out.

I have my tubes tied and I smoke( well I did up until Nov. 23,2006)

so the doctor does not like to leave me on birth control.

See your gyno-

It's not impossible to be bleeding again after you stopped your period.

If you are taking birth control that happens pretty often.

Cysts on the uterus, or even the ovaries can cause this, so can some types of birth control. See a good gyno, and find out.

as everyone has said it could be many things from stress to cysts.

unless you are on birth control i would get a check up with your doctor.

It could be something as simple as stress, or it could be something serious. The best thing for you to do would be to go to the doctor.

Source(s): I am a nurse.