my baby is not sitting up yet?

is that normal?

hi turn today seven months

Favorite Answer

yeh its normal...at 7 months my baby was barely sitting up and i was super worried...now shes 9 months and she sits up jsut fine...kinda just happened...dont worry about it =)

all babies develop at there own rate. While that is deffinately behind the learning curve it isn't unheard of by any means. I would try to help with learning to sit up. If you can sit him up on your lap and just hold his hips this will help his abs develop which is the main muscle strength needed for sitting.

• dolly

My son crawled before he could sit without support. He crawled at 6 months, and could sit up by 7. He will begin to sit when he is ready, try propping him up in the sitting position while you are holding him to get him used to it and develop his muscles.

• jc2006

All babies develop differently. If he is making progress I wouldn't worry about it. He'll do it. You can do floor play to help strengthen his muscles, lots of tummy time.

It isn't really normal.

However YOU HAVE TO PROVIDE THE OPPORTUNITY TO LEARN TO SIT UP!

Sit the baby up and provide the littlest support possible, maybe just holding his hands. for 15-30 minutes 4 or 5 times a day. I bet he starts doing it in no time!

you should talk to you pediatrician if you have any concerns with your babys devolpmetal steps.. there could possibly something wrong with him/her and if caught early enough could be fixed or at least helped..

use pillows to help him or her with support, but that depends on you working with him or her a lot put in in a walker that helps also

• Doesn't sound normal. Definately see a doctor.

he'll sit up when he is ready to

JUST PRACTICE WITH HIM AND HE WILL GET IT.. GOOD LUCK..