playing hookie......?

Ever played hookie from work? What excuses have you used? I don't want to keep using the same old ones, it's not like I do it often, maybe once every three months, but I feel like I keep using the same ones......any ideas?

Update:

Yeah, I use the "I think I had something bad to eat last night" mostly, or I have a flat tire, and my boyfriend already left for work.....those are a couple

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

That's not hooky, that's a "mental health day."

My excuse, that is fool proof:

My garage door is broken and I have to wait for the repairman.

• 4 years ago

I know! Here where I live it's going to be like 99 degrees! YOU GO GRIL -The last time I played hookie was a couple weeks ago. What? The fair was in town. I HAD to be there!

• 1 decade ago

Well it depends on what kind of excuse you use every time! It could be you don't feel good, you have a family emergency, or you have to go to the doctor! You need a metal health day once in awhile to just clear your head! I have done it before to!

• Sara S
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

- pink eye (it's contagious...you aren't allowed to go to work with it)

- Didn't sleep ALL night (insomnia) they wont want you there cuz you wont do anything

- stomach ache..up all night puking (yuck ick no one wants a stomach flu..they'll make u stay home)

- "I feel like im coming down w/ the flu, I have a slight temperature and I dont want to risk it getting worse".

- Your car got towed and your bf's already at work

- someone shot out the windows of your car and there's glass all in it (this happened before)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Ms. Q
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

I just called and said I needed the day off. Or sometimes ask your boss the day before, let them know you just need a moment to finish up some things. Its better to warn them than to just drop it on them all of a sudden

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If your boss is a man, just say female problems, Thats all it takes. If they want to know more, mention bleeding and swelling....that will cover it. If you have children, blame it on the baby-sitter. If it is a woman, blame it on your mother.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

say that you went out to dinner the night before and think that you ate something bad and you have been throwing up. that is something that doesnt tend to last that long and they can't really question it.

• 1 decade ago

doctors appoinment sick dog to the vet. court death in the family having a baby

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i have to go to the dr's. or i have court

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

take a "personal" day :o)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.